If you’re not using reels yet for your business, it’s time to rethink your social media strategy. Here’s why!
What are Reels?
Reels are a fairly new feature on Instagram that allow you to create short (15-30seconds) engaging videos.
The length, visual nature and ever-growing popularity make reels the optimal platform for capturing your audience’s attention and getting your message across fast!
Why you need to be using Reels
If you haven’t started using reels yet for your business, you might be missing out. Reels allow your brand personality to shine through.
They showcase your brand in a form of highly engaging content offering entertainment, inspiration, and authenticity that make your brand more relatable and appealing to potential customers.
Not to mention the algorithm favours accounts with reels! You can learn more about the algorithm and how it works here.
This is not just because reels are still relatively new but because reel views count as engagement.
Let me say that again, REEL VIEWS are ENGAGEMENT.
This means even if likes, comments and re-shares are low, if people are watching your videos in their entirety, then they are ENGAGING with your content. And you better believe the algorithm likes that!
If that wasn’t enough, successful reels are also more likely to feature on the explore page. It’s here that more than 50% of Instagram accounts use for discovering new pages. If your reel makes it here, you have a huge chance to expose your brand to new followers.
So, Where to Begin?
Step 1. Put on your brave face
Step 2. Take a deep breath
Step 3. Go for it!
Okay it’s not quite like that, but it sure feels like it when filming your first reel.
It’s scary stuff! We get it!
Being vulnerable with your customers and filming yourself is intimidating.
But trust us, your customers will love you for it.
Here’s where you begin:
Two options for creating a reel:
1. Click on the reels button in the bottom menu bar of Instagram
2. Or click + (top right) and choose reel
You can then either film your desired footage right there in reels by pressing the record button OR upload video footage from your camera roll.
Reels can be recorded in a series of clips or all at once. You can add audio, text, stickers (very similar to stories!).
It takes a bit of practice. So play around with the different features, you’ll get the hang of it!
Reels Ideas for Your Business
To give you somewhere to start, here are our top content categories for great reels:
- Showcase your product. Let your audience see your product in use. This will give your customers a better understanding of your product offering and allow them to visualise it in their own life.
- Behind the scenes. Sharing the creation, design, or even packaging process of your products allows viewers a raw and honest insight into your brand allowing them to trust you and your product.
- Before & Afters. If you’re a service-based business showcasing results is a sure way to get your customers invested.
- Educate. Tips, tricks, and how to’s are all great ways to show your audience how to optimise your product and its performance giving them a better overall experience.
- Entertain. Give your customers a laugh. Share an insight into your life. A bit of fun and authenticity will make your customers feel more connected to you and your brand.
So, what are you waiting for? Time to start filming.
Check out our socials for more tips and tricks or book a free consult to discuss your social media strategy today.
PS: Tag us in your first reel, we would love to celebrate with you!